Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
fwburkey

Default average

Hi, problem. a colum with numbers and formulas, what needs to be done to
get the average of just the numbers

col-1 col-2 col-3

5 5 10
5 20 30
sum 1+2 formulas
sum 1+2
sum 1+2
sum 1+2

Average - I can not get the cell to show the
average of 20

Tanks for you help
Frank

--
fwburkey
fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30314

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
keithl816

Is 20 supposed to be 25

If so

=subtotal(1,c1:c2)

change your range to the range you are trying to average.

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
fwburkey

keithl816 Wrote:
=Average(c1:c2)

change your range to the range you are trying to average.

I am at the correct range, but everything that i try, i keep getting
the error ( ( #DIV/0! )

--
fwburkey
fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30314
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
keithl816

Can you post the formula you used?

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
fwburkey

1 2 3
b 20 10 2 Formlar in cells are =b1/b2
c 50 5 10 =c1/c2
d #DIV/0! =d1/d2
e #DIV/0! =e1/e2
f #DIV/0! =f1/f2
average #DIV/0! ( I need this to be the avg of b3 thru f3)

all i get for the avg is #DIV/0!

Best i can do

Thanks Again
Frank

--
fwburkey
fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30314
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499800

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier

Hi

Change your formula in B3 to
=IF(B2="","",B1/B2)
Copy down
Then =AVERAGE(B3:F3)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"fwburkey" wrote
in message ...

1 2 3
b 20 10 2 Formlar in cells are =b1/b2
c 50 5 10 =c1/c2
d #DIV/0! =d1/d2
e #DIV/0! =e1/e2
f #DIV/0! =f1/f2
average #DIV/0! ( I need this to be the avg of b3 thru f3)

all i get for the avg is #DIV/0!

Best i can do

Thanks Again
Frank

--
fwburkey
fwburkey's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
fwburkey

Roger,

Thanks for the help, it has solved my problem. :)

Thanks Again
Frank