Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bill Wehner

Default Save worksheet to a CD

I am trying to save a worksheet to a CD for a backup. I go to save as and
save in my E drive and I get "incorrect function." I then press the only
thing I can press, OK, and I get "you do not have access to this folder
'E:\', see your administrator for access to this folder." This is a home
computer and I do not have an administrator how can I save this to a CD?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dcnguyen

You can't save things to CD like that.

First of all, it has to be a blank CD. Insert one of those in, and
Windows should give you a prompt to write to CD. When that happens,
take the excel file, which you have saved somewhere on the hard drive,
and drag the file into the Writable CD folder. Once you write the CD,
nothing on it can be changed again.

--
dcnguyen
dcnguyen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30251