Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bombayterror

Default Shaded Rows

I have a spreadsheet I am working on and its pretty long and pretty
wide. Almost 200 lines. I was wondering if it is possible, in excel, to
set it up such that every alternate row is shaded.

I feel that this will help me when I am referencing the printout.

thanlks

--
bombayterror
bombayterror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22855

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

To highlight every other row, check out Row Striping at this website:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bombayterror

yup that does help....

thanks a lot buddy. Appreciate it :)

--
bombayterror
bombayterror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22855
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499071

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858

bombayterror wrote:
I have a spreadsheet I am working on and its pretty long and pretty
wide. Almost 200 lines. I was wondering if it is possible, in excel, to
set it up such that every alternate row is shaded.

I feel that this will help me when I am referencing the printout.

thanlks

Looks like you already have a solution but here's a link to a
freeware program I find very useful.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

It has many functions that can be done with just a couple of clicks.
Shading every other line is as easy as clicking and selecting color
and interval (every nth row).

Standard disclaimer: not associated in any way, no renumeration yada yada

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bombayterror

installed it. You are right there is a lot of stuff in there you can
use. Seems like a pretty decent add-in

thanks for the info

--
bombayterror
bombayterror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22855
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499071

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858

bombayterror wrote:
installed it. You are right there is a lot of stuff in there you can
use. Seems like a pretty decent add-in

thanks for the info

No problem. Glad to help. Thanks for posting back.

gls858