Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Graham B.

Default Bachelor cooking Xmas dinner !

In Excel 2000, I want to create a spreadsheet which has a column of foods, a
column of cooking times (in minutes), and a third column which calculates
the time to begin cooking that item based on an inserted mealtime. For
instance, if a mealtime of 2:00 pm is inserted manually then the row for
"Beef Joint - 90 mins" would return 12:30 pm in the third column; and the
row "Carrots - 30 mins" would return 1:30 pm in the third column. I think
the answer is in the formatting but I cannot make it work!
NOT Gordon Ramsey.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Graham B.

Belated thanks Sandy (Virus problems with Trojan Adclickers prevented an
earlier reply.)
Happy New Year,
Graham B

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Graham,

If what you are asking is how do you subtract an integer in say B2 like 90
from a time like 14:00 in C1 then try:

=$C$1-(B2/60/24)

and format column C as time

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Graham B." wrote in message
In Excel 2000, I want to create a spreadsheet which has a column of
foods, a column of cooking times (in minutes), and a third column which
calculates the time to begin cooking that item based on an inserted
mealtime. For instance, if a mealtime of 2:00 pm is inserted manually
then the row for "Beef Joint - 90 mins" would return 12:30 pm in the
third column; and the row "Carrots - 30 mins" would return 1:30 pm in
the third column. I think the answer is in the formatting but I cannot
make it work!
NOT Gordon Ramsey.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Debra Dalgleish

There's also a sample dinner planner on my web site, that may help you:

Under Data Validation, look for Cooking Time Planner

"Graham B." wrote in message

In Excel 2000, I want to create a spreadsheet which has a column of
foods, a column of cooking times (in minutes), and a third column which
calculates the time to begin cooking that item based on an inserted
mealtime. For instance, if a mealtime of 2:00 pm is inserted manually
then the row for "Beef Joint - 90 mins" would return 12:30 pm in the
third column; and the row "Carrots - 30 mins" would return 1:30 pm in
the third column. I think the answer is in the formatting but I cannot
make it work!
NOT Gordon Ramsey.

--
Debra Dalgleish