Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rao Ratan Singh

Default How to calculate quarterly

I have a worksheet which has a date between Januarys to December. This
worksheet I m using for record sales and Concession form. According to new
rule sale against concession form should be submitted by concerned customer
1st quarter concession for should be deposited in next quarters 1st month.

For example
Date of Sales bill Expected Concession form
submission

1.10.2005 1.01.2006
2.10.2005
5.10.2005
2.11.2005
4.11.2005
2.12.2005
3.12.2005

How it can be formulated and calculated.

Thank and regards

Rao Ratan Singh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bpeltzer

If your sale date is in A1, the concession date (first date of the next
quarter, per your example) can be calculated as
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3-MOD(MONTH(A1)-1,3),1)
Is that what you're looking for? --Bruce

"Rao Ratan Singh" wrote:

I have a worksheet which has a date between Januarys to December. This
worksheet I m using for record sales and Concession form. According to new
rule sale against concession form should be submitted by concerned customer
1st quarter concession for should be deposited in next quarters 1st month.

For example
Date of Sales bill Expected Concession form
submission

1.10.2005 1.01.2006
2.10.2005
5.10.2005
2.11.2005
4.11.2005
2.12.2005
3.12.2005

How it can be formulated and calculated.

Thank and regards

Rao Ratan Singh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rao Ratan Singh

Thank you bpeltzer sir/mam
it is working. Thanks lot once again

Rao Ratan Singh from india

"Rao Ratan Singh" wrote:

I have a worksheet which has a date between Januarys to December. This
worksheet I m using for record sales and Concession form. According to new
rule sale against concession form should be submitted by concerned customer
1st quarter concession for should be deposited in next quarters 1st month.

For example
Date of Sales bill Expected Concession form