Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
acess

Default filters

I want to know how to make use of filters, i have a column called age, i want
to filter out to different ages groups, like between 24-34 one and other
45-54. how to do that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

On the "Age" col,

Try Data Filter Autofilter Custom
Set it as, for example:
"is greater than or equal to" : 24
And
"is less than or equal to" : 34
Click OK
(Above filters age: 24-34 inclusive)

Try also Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage on
Autofilter & Advanced Filter at her:
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Autofilter - Basics
Autofilter - Filter ...
Filter, Advanced
Filter, Autofilter
--
Rgds
Max
"acess" wrote in message
I want to know how to make use of filters, i have a column called age, i

want
to filter out to different ages groups, like between 24-34 one and other
45-54. how to do that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
acess

Thank you for reply, let me tell you that i have listed ages groups in number
like
Age:-
18-24 = 1
25-34 = 2
35-44 = 3
45-54 = 4
55-64 = 5

and i want the age col to only show the age group 2 and 4 by using filter or
is there any other method.

Abhilekha

"acess" wrote in message
I want to know how to make use of filters, i have a column called age, i

want
to filter out to different ages groups, like between 24-34 one and other
45-54. how to do that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

"acess" wrote
.. listed ages groups in number
like
Age:-
18-24 = 1
25-34 = 2
35-44 = 3
45-54 = 4
55-64 = 5

and i want the age col to only
show the age group 2 and 4
by using filter or is there any other method.

We can still use autofilter on the column with the age gp numbers, with
change in criteria setting

Assume the numbers are in col C, data from row2 down

Select C1, click Data Filter Autofilter
Select "Custom" from the autofilter droplist in C1

In the Custom Autofilter dialog
set it as:

"equals" : 2
Or (<< select "Or")
"equals" : 4

Click OK

The above should filter out only those lines
with age gp #s: 2 and 4 in col C
--
Rgds
Max