Junior Member

Default selecting adjacent cells

Hi,

new(ish) to excel and to this site (but have searched previous posts for help
regularly).

Anyway, how do I select a cell, and then when hitting a button, automatically select the next 2 cells in the row for pasting.

I am okay with the button, recording macros etc, but when I try to do that,
it just shows select range in the VBA. What I need (I think!) is to know how to extend selection by 2 cells.

The reason is so a selection is only one click and not several...

Hope this is clear!

Many thanks, Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chip Pearson

Mark,

Try something like

--
wfcmark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chip Pearson

Mark,

Try something like

ActiveCell.Resize(, 3).Select

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"wfcmark" wrote in message

new(ish) to excel and to this site (but have searched previous
posts
for help
regularly).

Anyway, how do I select a cell, and then when hitting a button,
automatically select the next 2 cells in the row for pasting.

I am okay with the button, recording macros etc, but when I try
to do
that,
it just shows select range in the VBA. What I need (I think!)
is to
know how to extend selection by 2 cells.

The reason is so a selection is only one click and not
several...

Hope this is clear!

Many thanks, Mark

--
wfcmark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Mark

ActiveCell.Resize(3).Select to grab 3 cells in one column.

ActiveCell.Resize(3, 3).Select to grab 9 cells in 3 columns.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP