JCF

Default Hightlighting crosshairs when selecting cells

Is there a way to set up Excel to automatically hight light the whole column
and row when selecting a cell? For example I select cell C10, both the column
and the row will hight light automatically. It would look as if I clicked on
the column, held Crtl, and clicked on the row. This would be helpeful for
someone who is working in an extremely large workbook.
Gord Dibben

JCF

Not any native Excel setting. This would require event code in VBA.

Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in does what you want.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP