Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Keith

Default how do I make a tip box for a cell?

I am looking for the way to add a "tip" for indivual cells that will give
more information of what the user will be adding into the cell. I don't want
a comment added...I understand how to do that. The tip will appear anytime
someone selects a cell that requires input from the user. The tip box that
appears can be moved around and the other tips on the worksheet will appear
at that some location. I know this can be done but I can't seem to find out
the way to do it. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Cutter

Select the cell that you want this to apply to.
Go to Data Validation
On the Input Message tab make sure to put a check in Show input message
when cell is selected
Give your message a title and input message
Click OK
You should see your message. Click on it and drag it to where you want
it

Any additional Input Messages you do will appear at that location

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Keith

"Cutter" wrote:

Select the cell that you want this to apply to.
Go to Data Validation
On the Input Message tab make sure to put a check in Show input message
when cell is selected
Give your message a title and input message
Click OK
You should see your message. Click on it and drag it to where you want
it

Any additional Input Messages you do will appear at that location

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488510

Thank You Very Much!! It works Great!! Thanks Again!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Cutter

You're quite welcome. Glad it's what you wanted.