Default VLOOKUP with PRODUCT functionality?

i am wondering if it is possible to do a vlookup() type search for multiple
instances of something, and then multiply the results together. for example,
i want to search two columns for a value/string "X" and multiply the numbers
corresponding to it together:

X 0.04
Q 0.08
R 0.45
X 0.33
T 0.01
X 0.94

so the desired result of this would give me 0.0124 given by multiplying all
the X's together ( 0.04*0.33*0.94).

if this doesnt make sense, please let me know and i'll try to clarify.
thanks in advance
Biff

Hi!

Try this entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=PRODUCT(IF(A1:A6="X",B1:B6))

Biff