ehop

Default Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?

I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but
that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in.
Thanks!
Paul B

ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson:

If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via
windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs

If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin
from an earlier version, it should work ok.

But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as
autosave,
but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows crashes.

As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
called AutoSafe (note spelling).

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a
user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts
them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups from
the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

Jan Karel's version will know if there was a crash and prompt you to open
the
last version it saved.

--
Paul B