Bryan J Bloom

Default Need help with a formula

I need to subtract 2 different sets of dates to get a total amount of days.
Eg: (a-b)+(c-d) = e
I then need to take the total (e) and multiply by 3 different integers if
the total (e) is greater than 6 days,10 days and 31days.
This helps me keep track how long my company trucks are out of a Rail/Ship
Yard.
I can't seem to get the dates to subtract and get an integer(regular
number). and I'm dead lost on the greater than stuff.
Of course the boss drops this on me on my first day.
Any help or comments will come highly appreciated.
Thank you

Bryan J Bloom

ok very well done and thank you. But now i need to break it down a little
further if possible. Like I posted earlier this is showing days out of
rail/ship yard. What Im calculating is if the trailer is out of the RR more
than 6 days. Then days 7,8,9 and 10 are to be multiplied by 17. Then days 11
through 30 are to be multiplied by 50 and 31 + multiplied by 100. So the
formula you gave did the multiplication but multiplied (e) by only the
integer amount not by a rising number(my fault) I'm trying to get it so that
eg: the trailers been out 40 days(e). The first six are not multiplied. Days
7,8,9 and 10 (4 days) are multiplied by 17(68). Then the next 20 days are
multiplied by 50(1000). Finally the last days 10 are multiplied by 100(1000)
to make a total of 2068.
Sorry for any confusion, was asked to get it one way then get told
another..lol
Thanks so much
Bryan Bloom

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

One way

=A1*VLOOKUP(A1,{0,0;7,4;11,3;32,2},2)

where A1 is your e, 7 stands for 6, 11 stands for 10 and 32 for 31
4 is what you multiply with for 6, 3 for 10 and 2 31
replace those with your numbers.

Peo Sjoblom