Rebecca

Default Unicode and Search and Replace

I have Excel 2003, and in a column I have various unicode Greek letters in
the Gentium font (such as á½¹) that I would like to search and replace into
numbers (á½¹ would become 15) so I can sort the sheet (the search and replace
doesn't work for certain unicode Greek letters). Other than paying a lot for
an expensive add-on or other software product, is there any way I can do this
in Excel 2003? Please explain in simple English. Thanks.
Gary''s Student

Excel's usual Find / Replace can handle the job without addins.

1. put a single instance of any unicode character in an un-used cell
2. copy the cell
3. pull-down Edit Find and paste into the findwhat field

you can then find and replace that character anywhere in the worksheet.
--
Gary's Student

"Rebecca" wrote:

I have Excel 2003, and in a column I have various unicode Greek letters in
the Gentium font (such as á½¹) that I would like to search and replace into
numbers (á½¹ would become 15) so I can sort the sheet (the search and replace
doesn't work for certain unicode Greek letters). Other than paying a lot for
an expensive add-on or other software product, is there any way I can do this
in Excel 2003? Please explain in simple English. Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

It certainly works for me when I replace Unicode

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)