Rebecca

Default Unicode and Search and Replace

No, that doesn't work for Unicode characters. Any other ideas

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Excel's usual Find / Replace can handle the job without addins.

1. put a single instance of any unicode character in an un-used cell
2. copy the cell
3. pull-down Edit Find and paste into the findwhat field

you can then find and replace that character anywhere in the worksheet.
--
Gary's Student

"Rebecca" wrote:

I have Excel 2003, and in a column I have various unicode Greek letters in
the Gentium font (such as ό) that I would like to search and replace into
numbers (ό would become 15) so I can sort the sheet (the search and replace
doesn't work for certain unicode Greek letters). Other than paying a lot for
an expensive add-on or other software product, is there any way I can do this
in Excel 2003? Please explain in simple English. Thanks.