autumn

Default adding columns

Help, how do I just add a column to gain the total. Thanks
Paul B

autumn, something like, =SUM(A1:A10), to add whats in A1:A10

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"autumn" wrote in message
Help, how do I just add a column to gain the total. Thanks

Domenic

You can use the SUM function...

=SUM(A1:A100)

Adjust the range accordingly.

Hope this helps!

In article ,

Help, how do I just add a column to gain the total. Thanks

Paul B

Or for the whole column, =SUM(A:A)

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"autumn" wrote in message
Help, how do I just add a column to gain the total. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Why doesn't any part of the "help" section say you have to start at the
bottom and go up- You have to start highlighting the cells where you want
your total to be, and stop at the cell before where you want to stop. It
just took me 3 hours to figure this out. Who the heck designed this????

Help, how do I just add a column to gain the total. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What are you doing? AutoSumming a column of numbers?

You definitely won't find that in help because it sounds like you're doing
it backwards.

If using AutoSum, just select the top cell then drag down untill you get to
last cell and hit the AutoSum Icon.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP