Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default adding columns

What are you doing? AutoSumming a column of numbers?

You definitely won't find that in help because it sounds like you're doing
it backwards.

If using AutoSum, just select the top cell then drag down untill you get to
last cell and hit the AutoSum Icon.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:16:01 -0800, Ames
wrote:

Why doesn't any part of the "help" section say you have to start at the
bottom and go up- You have to start highlighting the cells where you want
your total to be, and stop at the cell before where you want to stop. It
just took me 3 hours to figure this out. Who the heck designed this????

"autumn" wrote:

Help, how do I just add a column to gain the total. Thanks