Old January 20th 05, 04:07 PM
Pinball

Default Triangle symbol in cell. What does it mean. How do I delete this

This above symbol will not let me sort by data in column. How can I delete
symbol?

Old January 20th 05, 08:25 PM
Rob van Gelder

There are three triangle symbols that I know about.
Could you please describe it's position in the cell? top-right?
bottom-right?

The grey AutoFilter dropdown box. From the Data menu, Filter, Show All.
The red comment indicator.
The green autocorrect indicator.

Old January 20th 05, 08:37 PM
David McRitchie

see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
the red ones for comments are controlled from Tools, Options, View
read the above for the black, green and purple
---
HTH,