-   -   Triangle symbol in cell. What does it mean. How do I delete this (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4909-triangle-symbol-cell-what-does-mean-how-do-i-delete.html)

Pinball

Triangle symbol in cell. What does it mean. How do I delete this

This above symbol will not let me sort by data in column. How can I delete
symbol?

Rob van Gelder

There are three triangle symbols that I know about.
Could you please describe it's position in the cell? top-right?
bottom-right?

The grey AutoFilter dropdown box. From the Data menu, Filter, Show All.
The red comment indicator.
The green autocorrect indicator.

"Pinball" wrote in message
This above symbol will not let me sort by data in column. How can I
delete
symbol?

David McRitchie

see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
the red ones for comments are controlled from Tools, Options, View
read the above for the black, green and purple
---
HTH,