Alan

Default Generate new account numbers?

I have a spreadsheet with 900 ish account names. I want to know if there is
a way to have Excel auto generate a unique account number for each one. I
will then input this number in my contact manager database for identifying
unique accounts, VLOOKUP's, etc........

Thanks!

Alan

JethroUK©

you could use autofilling

type the 1st acc no - 10123
and the 2nd - 10124

select both cells and replicate down as ness