Ndubuisi Azuogu

Default How do I delete 100 account numbers from a spreadsheet colume wer.

How do I delete 100 account numbers from a spreadsheet colume were it only
leaves the last 5 digits of all the accounts with out having to physicaly
delete each account manually
JulieD

Hi

use a helper column, in a column to the left of your numbers put in
(assuming your numbers start in A1)
=RIGHT(A1,5)
fill down as needed (move mouse over bottom right corner of the cell until
you see a + then double click),
(once you're happy with the result)
select column B and copy it
click on A1 and choose Edit / paste special - values and click OK
now the account numbers will have been replaced with the last 5 digits of
the account numbers and you can delete column B.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Ndubuisi Azuogu" <Ndubuisi wrote in
message ...
How do I delete 100 account numbers from a spreadsheet colume were it only
leaves the last 5 digits of all the accounts with out having to physicaly
delete each account manually

Nick Hodge

Ndubuisi

If the account number is in say A1, then in a spare cell to the right type

=RIGHT(A1,5)

and enter, now copy down the 100 rows and copy this new account number,
select the old account numbers and Editpaste special...Values the new ones
over the top of the old. Now delete the column you used to create the new
numbers

--
HTH
Nick Hodge