small tom

Default dates - automatically fill next day

Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but
am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that
automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying
it very much.

So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05.
Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down
it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom'
setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it.

Any help much appreciated.

By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac.

Tom

--
small tom
small tom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27828

Bernard Liengme

Could you live with the data in format dd/mm/yy ?
Then dragging the cell increments the date by 1
Have you tried putting a date in A1 and in A2 enter =A1+1 ?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"small tom" wrote
in message ...

Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but
am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that
automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying
it very much.

So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05.
Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down
it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom'
setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it.

Any help much appreciated.

By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac.

Tom

--
small tom
small tom's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473342

small tom

Thanks - think I just sorted it by starting at the point you gave me.
This still didn't quite work as it changed it to mm/dd automatically
but I went in and swapped it to 14-march-05 and now it will autofill
when dragging it. Thanks for the point in the right direction - am sure
I will be bothering you again.

Tom

--
small tom
small tom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27828
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473342

Bernard Liengme

Here to help but I'm off on vacation for a few weeks
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"small tom" wrote