Ralphael1

Default Wrap not wrapping

I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as
I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap.
Anyone have a clue?
Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge...

Ralphael, the OLD one

Gord Dibben

Ralpael

FormatCellsAlignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab.

Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it.

Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit".

If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem
as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 28 Sep 2005 13:36:58 -0700, "Ralphael1" wrote:

I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as
I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap.
Anyone have a clue?
Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge...

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralphael1

Gord Dibben wrote:
Ralpael

FormatCellsAlignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab.

Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it.

Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit".

If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem
as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Gord, I always do just as you pointed out except for the "Autofit."
I have no idea what this is or where to look for it. I have never used
this before and have had no problems until today.

Ralphael, the Old one.

Ralphael1

Many thanks, it works now. KUDOS 2 U

Ralph

pknivens

What is the Code for the merged cells? I have this proble all the time
and just mess with the borders until it look right....very
frustrating.

--
pknivens
pknivens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27675

Gord Dibben

pk

You have asked for code to deal with autofitting merged cells.

I will first give you my standard rant on merged cells.

Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all affected by merged
cells.

Now the code<g

Jim Rech has written code for this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15

Gord