AT

Default How do I create a drop down sort box?

I want to sort a column with a header by 3 options that can be entered in the
box - A,B or C. I want to create a box that when A is chosen, all the rows
with A in column B are listed and the others are hidden. How is this created?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.newusers
George Gee

Hi AT

Click on a cell in column B,
Data Filter Autofilter.

Click on the down arrow at the top of Column B and click on 'A' in the
dropdown list.
This should list all the A's in Column B, and hide the rest.
To show all rows again: Data Filter Show all.

HTH

George Gee

AT wrote:
I want to sort a column with a header by 3 options that can be
entered in the box - A,B or C. I want to create a box that when A is
chosen, all the rows with A in column B are listed and the others are
hidden. How is this created?

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.newusers