Scudo

Default Randomly alter a column of names

I have a list of place names in column A from row 1 to row 56
Its part of a game so all I want to do is alter the order of names (randomly
if possible)
There is only one column which is the one with the names in it.

thnaks

Max

One way ..

Names are assumed in col A, in A1:A20, say

Put in C1: =RAND()

Put in B1: =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1)),C:C,0))

Select B1:C1, copy down to C20

You'd get a random scramble of the names from col A in col B

Press F9 to re-generate afresh
--
Rgds
Max
"Scudo" wrote in message
I have a list of place names in column A from row 1 to row 56
Its part of a game so all I want to do is alter the order of names

(randomly
if possible)
There is only one column which is the one with the names in it.

thnaks

Max

.. names in column A from row 1 to row 56

Select B1:C1, copy down to C20

If you have 56 names in A1:A56,
just select B1:C1 and copy down to C56
to get the full scramble in col B