ringo tan

Default Modifying cell entries?

Hi all,

I have a range of cells in a spreadsheet containing values, say cell A1 : C5.
Example as follows:
A B C
1 100 100 100
2 100 100 100
3 100 100 100
4 100 100 100
5 100 100 100

I often need to edit all the individual cells in the range to become
"=100*86%" because i need to keep the original value in the cell as well as
shown the resulted value in the cells too, in this case it is 86 (result
after 100 multiple by 86 percent).

How do i create a macro or custom functions in excel so that i dont need to
repeat typing the "equal sign" before the original value and also adding
"*86%" after the original value in all the cells of the mentioned range
A1:C5. As it is time-consuming because there are 15 cells to modify in the
range A1:C5 as mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tan
Roger Govier

Hi

Having entered =100*86% in Cell A1, all you need to do is
Highlight the formula in the formula bar
Copy
Mark the range you want to copy to A1:C5
Paste

Regards

Roger Govier

ringo tan wrote:
[...]

JethroUK©

You wouldn't use the expression "=100*86%" - that would mean editing the
cells everytime you need a new formula (hence your problem)

you should use cell references = A1*$Z$10

where A1 contains your value and Z10 contains your multiplier