Ben

Default Hello once again and thank you.

Here is my question. I am making a chart in which I enter various data in a
number of columns. As time goes on, I am entering data farther down in the
colums and so am unable to see their headings any longer. Is there any way
for the column headings to be displayed without scrolling up to the top of
the screen?
I am using Excel 2002.
Thank you sincerely to everyone who has been so helpful with all of my
questions.
George Gee

Ben

If your column headings are in Row 1,
select A2 Window Freeze Panes.

Your column headings should remain visible as you scroll down the sheet.

HTH

George Gee

Ben wrote:
Here is my question. I am making a chart in which I enter various
data in a number of columns. As time goes on, I am entering data
farther down in the colums and so am unable to see their headings any
longer. Is there any way for the column headings to be displayed
without scrolling up to the top of the screen?
I am using Excel 2002.
Thank you sincerely to everyone who has been so helpful with all of my
questions.

Ben

Dear George:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am still unsure of exactly what
to do. Am I selecting the A2 cell by right clicking? Or am I selecting
something from a menu?

Ben wrote:
Here is my question. I am making a chart in which I enter various
data in a number of columns. As time goes on, I am entering data
farther down in the colums and so am unable to see their headings any
longer. Is there any way for the column headings to be displayed
without scrolling up to the top of the screen?
I am using Excel 2002.
Thank you sincerely to everyone who has been so helpful with all of my
questions.

George Gee

Ben

Assuming yor column headings are in row 1.
Left click A2 once, to select it.
On the top toolbar, click 'Window',
then on the drop down menu, click 'Freeze Panes'.

Row 1 should now remain visible, no matter how
far down the worksheet you scroll.

Hope this is clear!

George Gee