Default Make A Universal Time Converter

I would like a time converter, that would allow me to convert Universal time,
into PST. I am doing a project where the phases of the moon are time in
Universal Time (GMT). We are -8 hours West of UT. I have tried several ways
to come up with a formula, and am unable to get a valid response.
JE McGimpsey

One way:

XL stores times as fractional days, so if UT is in A1, use

B1: =A1 - TIME(8,0,0)

or

B1: =A1 - 8/24 or =A1 - 1/3

Format B1 as a time, if necessary.