Old April 29th 14, 11:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Drag without incrementing

I have cells that contain the account id for the named provider on that row. The account ids are numeric but I have them formatted as Text.
When I want to enter data for the same provider on a new row I elect the provider and id columns and drag them to the new row. The problem I am having is that the account id is incremented up by 1.
How can I prevent this?
Thanks for any and all help.