Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Convert numbers stored as text to numbers - Automatically - Macro

I am getting file with one column of percentages in "0.7300%" format. I take thie file change the columns in different order using simple links from one tab to another.

I need a way (NO MACRO / VBA) to Convert numbers stored as text to numbers. Right now I am making the change using error message that is appreaing. Is there a formula or set of formaulas to get this done so one this file is getting converting this happens automatically?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Am Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:53:54 -0800 (PST) schrieb ExceLearner:

I am getting file with one column of percentages in "0.7300%" format. I take thie file change the columns in different order using simple links from one tab to another.

I need a way (NO MACRO / VBA) to Convert numbers stored as text to numbers. Right now I am making the change using error message that is appreaing. Is there a formula or set of formaulas to get this done so one this file is getting converting this happens automatically?

write a 1 in a cell, copy that cell, select your data and Paste Special
= Multiply

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:00:12 PM UTC-5, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi, Am Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:53:54 -0800 (PST) schrieb ExceLearner: I am getting file with one column of percentages in "0.7300%" format. I take thie file change the columns in different order using simple links from one tab to another. I need a way (NO MACRO / VBA) to Convert numbers stored as text to numbers. Right now I am making the change using error message that is appreaing. Is there a formula or set of formaulas to get this done so one this file is getting converting this happens automatically? write a 1 in a cell, copy that cell, select your data and Paste Special = Multiply Regards Claus Busch -- Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2 Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

the data has 9 cloumns, (Rate, trade date, maturity date, trade amount) so the multiply does not work