JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Default Question about freezing cells

My Excel skills aren't the best. I can do some real basic things but because
I don't do a lot with Excel, I still need help.

Is there a way to freeze both a row and a column at the same time? We use
Excel 2000 at work to keep track of available accrued STD (short-term
disability). The employees names are in the first column and the pay period
is about row 6. I would like to be able to freeze the worksheet so that I
can still see the employee name and the pay period date without hiding
columns. (Sometimes you need to see when the employee used some of that
time.)

I know I can do a split screen but my co-workers know less about Excel than
I do. (They think I'm a computer goddess. Ha ha ha ha! Shhhhhhh!) I'm afraid
that might throw them off.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Paul B

JoAnn, try this, select cell B7 then window, freeze panes

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Well I'll be hornswoggled! That's EXACTLY what I wanted! And sooooooo much
easier than I was expecting. Thank you Paul! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Paul B" wrote in message
[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

How cool is that!

BTW - who's Gary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Scudo

I love it, just never thought about asking, wish I had known about this 3
years ago....Ah well every day something new :-)
Pleased that the question was asked. and also that I troll these NGs

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Don't be a troll - that's a bad thing. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

k...

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Thank you adding that clarification. We certainly don't need any more people
standing outside of our living room windows than we already have. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Don't be a troll - that's a bad thing. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

k...