JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Default Question about freezing cells

My Excel skills aren't the best. I can do some real basic things but because
I don't do a lot with Excel, I still need help.

Is there a way to freeze both a row and a column at the same time? We use
Excel 2000 at work to keep track of available accrued STD (short-term
disability). The employees names are in the first column and the pay period
is about row 6. I would like to be able to freeze the worksheet so that I
can still see the employee name and the pay period date without hiding
columns. (Sometimes you need to see when the employee used some of that
time.)

I know I can do a split screen but my co-workers know less about Excel than
I do. (They think I'm a computer goddess. Ha ha ha ha! Shhhhhhh!) I'm afraid
that might throw them off.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]