Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Separation of text - concatenate excel

I am creating a text to number conversion - non VBA / Not Macro based.

Where A=1, B=2,... Z=26

A Word in A1=Apple - I want to break it up in to
C1 - A
C2 - P
C3 - P
......... Need to know how to break this word up? Opposite of concatenate?

Then I will have Vlookup to get the values for each alphabet and add them up and get the number value of apple.

All suggestion to making this better or only breaking this up will do. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Am Sat, 28 Jul 2012 00:02:05 -0700 (PDT) schrieb ExceLearner:

A Word in A1=Apple - I want to break it up in to
C1 - A
C2 - P
C3 - P

try in C1: