Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Imported text separation problem

I have pasted some text from a web page into a worksheet.
It is written in the format;
Restaurant, Street, Town; Restaurant 2, Street, Town; Restaurant 3, Street,
Town
Currently it is all in one cell.
I would like to change it to be in three columns (restaurants, street,
town) and each entry (restaurant) on a separate row.
Any help is much appreciated.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would suggest that in a text editor you replace the semi-colons (or
perhaps the semi-colon space sequence) by paragraph marks.
Then import the file into Excel specifying the comma as delimiter.
--
David Biddulph