Ana

Default Converting dates

Hi,

I need to convert the date format dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd.

How would I go by?

TIA

Ana

David McRitchie

Hi Ana,

Assuming that you have a valid Excel date and not a string
format, cells, custom yyyymmdd
---
HTH,

"Ana" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I need to convert the date format dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd.

How would I go by?

TIA

Ana

gls858

Ana wrote:
Hi,

I need to convert the date format dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd.

How would I go by?

TIA

Ana

Right click on the cell select format, under numbers select custom.
In the type box put yyyymdd and hit OK.

gls858
CLR

If you have a "text" date, in A1, use this.........
=RIGHT(A1,4)&MID(A1,FIND("/",A1,1)+1,2)&LEFT(A1,2)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ana" wrote in message

I need to convert the date format dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd.

How would I go by?

TIA

Ana

Flintstone

Assuming A1 contains your date.

=TEXT(A1,"yyyymmdd")

--
Flintstone
Flintstone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15310

Bonzo123

select the cell

click

Format cells

select "custom" from the Category box
In the "type" box type yyyymmdd

Regards

--
Bonzo123
Bonzo123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24182

HiArt

Hi Ana,

no problem, just right click in the cell, and select "Format Cells"
about half-way down the list.

Select the "Number" tab.

Select "Custom" from the category list.

left click the "Type" box and use delete key to clear anything in this
box (if it isn't empty already) and type in the date format of your
choice, i.e. "yyyymmdd".

You should see the date in the way you want in the "Example" box.

This works because Excel holds dates as the number of days since 1
January 1900. So 9 September 2005 is held as 38604, tomorrow will be
held as 38605, etc. Therefore Excel can convert this into a date in any
format, so long as you tell it what you want.

For fun, try using yyyyMMMDDD (not case sensative).

HTH

Art

--
HiArt