Greg

Default Converting Text months to sortable Numbers or Dates

I have a column with months as text (April, etc.). Trying to sort them in
order, is there a way to convert them to dates or numbers in order to sort
CyberTaz

Hi Greg-

No need to convert... Click in that column, then go to DataSort & click the
Options button. Open the 'First key sort order' list and choose
appropriately, the click OK in each box.

HTH |:)

"Greg" wrote:

I have a column with months as text (April, etc.). Trying to sort them in
order, is there a way to convert them to dates or numbers in order to sort

Greg

That works well when I have the months as the first sort key, however I
didn't mention that I also have a year column and would like to use that as
the first key...I don't see a way to do that with months as the second key.
Is there another way
Thanks!

"Greg" wrote:

I have a column with months as text (April, etc.). Trying to sort them in
order, is there a way to convert them to dates or numbers in order to sort

CyberTaz

Hi Greg-

Thanx fer the fly in the ointment! :)

If the Year column is somewhere to the left of the Month cloumn, Sort by
year first using the A-Z button, then sort by Month using the DataSort
method.

HTH |:).