Junior Member

Cool Can This Be Done in Excel?

I took a class on Excel years ago but it was not that extensive. I have a small dance studio. Members sign in when they arrive to keep track of how often they come. Some pay dues in advance. Is there a way that when they check in on the computer or when their name is typed in if their dues are up to be paid again that it will pop up in a bubble or be highlighted? Am I using the wrong program?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Can This Be Done in Excel?

It can be done in Excel.

Assign a column that will contain dues expiration date. This assumes
that a given dues amount will cover a block of time rather than a
number of sessions. If the sign-in date is less than the expiration
date, all is well. If the sign-in date is after the expiration date,
an alert can be issued (using Conditional Formatting).

If dues covers a number of sessions, then different logic will be
required.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:08:29 +0000, giovannashouse wrote:

I took a class on Excel years ago but it was not that extensive. I have
a small dance studio. Members sign in when they arrive to keep track of
how often they come. Some pay dues in advance. Is there a way that when
they check in on the computer or when their name is typed in if their
dues are up to be paid again that it will pop up in a bubble or be
highlighted? Am I using the wrong program?

You can do it in Excel by writing some VBA macro code, but Excel is
probably not the best choice.

Why not do some Web searches for software that's intended for your
type of business, or other types that you can think of that have
similar requirements, like gyms?

Caution: You will have to password everything. If you let a person
type his or her own name to get membership status, what's to stop
them from typing someone else's name and getting that person's
confidential information?

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
No Name

Hi,
it is possible in excel

how many members it has to be working for?

on which base do they have to contribute / date or times attended?

date ? put a starting date in a column and check that against the present
date (login)
times attended ? then there has to be a counter for each time they login
(adding ) and after x times there will be a reminder and registration.
be certain that registgrations cannot be changed by accicent (hidden sheet
with password)

start on drawing up which info you need to have and which to adapt on a
piece of paper and work from
that on onwards. Give a message in case you need help.
mail returned

"giovannashouse" schreef in bericht

--
giovannashouse