Ron

Default mortgage formula

Hi, is this the correct formula to calculate mortgage interest on an
interest only mortgage?
=SUM((B3*B4)/12)*-1 where B3 is the mortgage and B4 is the interest rate.
Thanks Ron

Ron

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi, is this the correct formula to calculate mortgage interest on an
interest only mortgage?
=SUM((B3*B4)/12)*-1 where B3 is the mortgage and B4 is the interest rate.
Thanks Ron

Hi thanks for the quick reply however I have just had a notice from my
mortgage company, as the interest rate is decreasing and their calculations
for a mortgage of £45397.72 and an interest rate of 5.6%, gives a monthly
payment of £210.91, whereas my formula gives £211.83. They must use a
different formula.

As there is a shortfall in my endowment I was trying to find out the
difference in paying money into my mortgage account as against using an ISA
to make up the shortfall.

Ron

Ron

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi, is this the correct formula to calculate mortgage interest on an
interest only mortgage?
=SUM((B3*B4)/12)*-1 where B3 is the mortgage and B4 is the interest

rate.
Thanks Ron

Hi thanks for the quick reply however I have just had a notice from my
mortgage company, as the interest rate is decreasing and their

calculations
for a mortgage of £45397.72 and an interest rate of 5.6%, gives a monthly
payment of £210.91, whereas my formula gives £211.83. They must use a
different formula.

As there is a shortfall in my endowment I was trying to find out the
difference in paying money into my mortgage account as against using an

ISA
to make up the shortfall.

Ron

on the letter it says 5.6%
Ron

Ron

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi, is this the correct formula to calculate mortgage interest on an
interest only mortgage?
=SUM((B3*B4)/12)*-1 where B3 is the mortgage and B4 is the interest rate.
Thanks Ron

Does it matter what the amortization period of the mortgage is on an
interest only mortgage? It has about 6 years left until the first endowment
is paid. The interest is calculated daily. I wondered why the mortgage
company had a different monthly payment from me. As I said in an earlier
post they must use a different formula.
Ron

Andy Wiggins

I'd go with Bob's suggestion that the rate is probably 5.575%. On your
document, I would think they've used 5.6% as a convenience. As the actual
rate used seems to be lower, you're not losing :-)

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi, is this the correct formula to calculate mortgage interest on an
interest only mortgage?
=SUM((B3*B4)/12)*-1 where B3 is the mortgage and B4 is the interest

rate.
Thanks Ron

Does it matter what the amortization period of the mortgage is on an
interest only mortgage? It has about 6 years left until the first

endowment
is paid. The interest is calculated daily. I wondered why the mortgage
company had a different monthly payment from me. As I said in an earlier
post they must use a different formula.
Ron

Bernard Liengme

Are payments at start or end of month?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi, is this the correct formula to calculate mortgage interest on an
interest only mortgage?
=SUM((B3*B4)/12)*-1 where B3 is the mortgage and B4 is the interest rate.
Thanks Ron

Route2391

the formula stands correct you need to add decimal points to it thats
all and format the cell property to currency....

I got a lot of my begginer help on this site... cool

they teach you by making a,

time sheet, Invoice and cheek book from scratch on Windows media Player
very cool

www.MDOTutorials.com

--
Route2391