Ron

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Are you sure it is 5.6%, not 5.575%.

--

HTH

RP

"Ron" wrote in message

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You don't need the sum, and you don't need to multiply by -1, and

assuming
that the interest is calculated annually, then

=-(B3*B4)/12

--

HTH

RP

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi, is this the correct formula to calculate mortgage interest on an
interest only mortgage?
=SUM((B3*B4)/12)*-1 where B3 is the mortgage and B4 is the interest

rate.
Thanks Ron

Hi thanks for the quick reply however I have just had a notice from my
mortgage company, as the interest rate is decreasing and their

calculations
for a mortgage of £45397.72 and an interest rate of 5.6%, gives a monthly
payment of £210.91, whereas my formula gives £211.83. They must use a
different formula.

As there is a shortfall in my endowment I was trying to find out the
difference in paying money into my mortgage account as against using an

ISA
to make up the shortfall.

Ron

on the letter it says 5.6%