mariachilds

Default mail merge

I know this is probably a really silly(stupid) question..... I need to
do a mail merge to make labels from an excel file. Sounds simple
enough, but when I get to the prompt in the wizard to select files to
merge i keep losing the the third line(which would be the city, state
and zip). It also drops row 1. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks!
MC

--
mariachilds
mariachilds's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26434

JE McGimpsey

Don't know what you mean with your first query, but the first row of
your data should be the field name (e.g., First Name, Last Name,
Address1, Address2, City, State, Zip,....)

In article ,
mariachilds
wrote:

I know this is probably a really silly(stupid) question..... I need to
do a mail merge to make labels from an excel file. Sounds simple
enough, but when I get to the prompt in the wizard to select files to
merge i keep losing the the third line(which would be the city, state
and zip). It also drops row 1. Can anyone help me figure this out?

David McRitchie

Hi Maria,
If the all of the data for a label is not on one row then you must make it so.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

If you have your data for each label and are losing an entire column of
data, or the content does not match your worksheet, make sure that you
have the worksheet as the first worksheet (leftmost tab).
---
HTH,