Vass

Default mail merge from excel

i want to mail merge from excel

but the addresses sit in colum A
each address is listed in its entirity add1, add2, city, county, postcode
all separated by commas
so
first contact sits in A1
second in A2
etc.

Can I mail merge from this or do i need to move the address into col's
B,C,D,E etc ?
then mail merge ?

thanks

--
Vass

Jim Rech

I don't know how you are going to do the mail merge (there being no mail
merge utility in Excel as far as I know) but if you do need to parse the
data use the Data, Text To Columns command. Specify delimited data and the
comma as the delimiter.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Vass" wrote in message
|i want to mail merge from excel
|
| but the addresses sit in colum A
| each address is listed in its entirity add1, add2, city, county, postcode
| all separated by commas
| so
| first contact sits in A1
| second in A2
| etc.
|
| Can I mail merge from this or do i need to move the address into col's
| B,C,D,E etc ?
| then mail merge ?
|
| thanks
|
| --
| Vass

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Move them to columns. And add a header row.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Vass" wrote in message
i want to mail merge from excel

but the addresses sit in colum A
each address is listed in its entirity add1, add2, city, county, postcode
all separated by commas
so
first contact sits in A1
second in A2
etc.

Can I mail merge from this or do i need to move the address into col's
B,C,D,E etc ?
then mail merge ?

thanks

--