Bev

Default How do I get data for excel 2003

I am trying to learn Excel 2003 - want to make a speadsheet. Cannot find out
how to get the information from documents I have in Word into Excel. Is
there a way to connect these programs. Have searched all info online and am
so confused.
Andy Wiggins

Copy and paste?

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Bev" wrote in message
I am trying to learn Excel 2003 - want to make a speadsheet. Cannot find

out
how to get the information from documents I have in Word into Excel. Is
there a way to connect these programs. Have searched all info online and

am
so confused.

Bernard Liengme

Might be time to buy a BOOK
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bev" wrote in message
I am trying to learn Excel 2003 - want to make a speadsheet. Cannot find
out
how to get the information from documents I have in Word into Excel. Is
there a way to connect these programs. Have searched all info online and
am
so confused.

Casey

Bev,
You have asked a very open ended question. There are multiudes of ways
to move information from one program to another, many of them very
advanced. Perhaps you could try posting a more specific question so
that people here can help you one step at a time. Excel and Word are
two very powerful and complex programs, however lots of people learn
enough about them to use them in their work and at school, very
quickly.
One method you can use to move information from Word to Excel to use
the copy and paste method. If you know how to highlight some text in
word by clicking at one end and dragging to the other end while holding
the mouse button down. You can right click and choose copy from the menu
that drop down. Then go to Excel and right click a cell and choose Paste
from the menu that drops down. An you will see that you have taken
information from Word and put it in Excel.
Keep trying and learning, the people here will help, just try to ask
real specific questions about what you would like to do. Baby steps.
HTH

--
Casey

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4545