Ralphael1

Default more trouble with i

I am still having problems with entering the lower case i in Excel.
if I enter aeiou in a cell all is ok. However if I enter a e i o u, the
i is captialized.
Excel does not seem accept a stand alone lower case i.
One page I use I must enter an i in the upper section. After it
captializes it I can subsequently have no problems with the lower
case.
Anyone have a clue?

Ralphael, the OLD one

Anne Troy

Hi, Ralphael. This is an Autocorrect issue. Tell it to stop upper-casing
your letter I. Here's how: From the menu, hit Tools--Autocorrect. Hit the
letter i on your keyboard to bring up the Autocorrect entry. You'll see the
culprit right away, I think. Delete that Autocorrect entry.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am still having problems with entering the lower case i in Excel.
if I enter aeiou in a cell all is ok. However if I enter a e i o u, the
i is captialized.
Excel does not seem accept a stand alone lower case i.
One page I use I must enter an i in the upper section. After it
captializes it I can subsequently have no problems with the lower
case.
Anyone have a clue?

Ralphael, the OLD one

Tushar Mehta

If, like me, you prefer to leave the auto correct entries alone and
simply undo XL's handiwork, type i space ctrl-z. The space causes XL
to make the auto correction and the ctrl-z tells XL to undo the
correction.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article .com,
says...
I am still having problems with entering the lower case i in Excel.
if I enter aeiou in a cell all is ok. However if I enter a e i o u, the
i is captialized.
Excel does not seem accept a stand alone lower case i.
One page I use I must enter an i in the upper section. After it
captializes it I can subsequently have no problems with the lower
case.
Anyone have a clue?

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralphael1

--

Many thanks for the solution to the 'eye' problem.
Now how do you handle the auto entry problem?

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralphael1

G'day Anne:
You told me you did not do Google!
What are you doing in my Google? :-)

Debra Dalgleish

Type the portion of the text that you want, e.g. Wash, then press the
Delete key, to delete the unwanted text

Or, turn off Autocomplete:

Choose ToolsOptions
On the Edit tab, remove the check mark from
'Enable AutoComplete for cell values'

Ralphael1 wrote:

Tushar Mehta wrote:

If, like me, you prefer to leave the auto correct entries alone and
simply undo XL's handiwork, type i space ctrl-z. The space causes XL
to make the auto correction and the ctrl-z tells XL to undo the
correction.

--

Many thanks for the solution to the 'eye' problem.
Now how do you handle the auto entry problem?
If I type "washing" first and later want only "wash" I must be aware
that auto enter is lurking and I will not get the word I want.

Ralphael, the OLD one

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dave Peterson

I'd turn the autocomplete off.

You can always turn it on when you really need it.

Tools|Options|Edit tab
is where you'd toggle it.

Ralphael1 wrote:

Tushar Mehta wrote:
If, like me, you prefer to leave the auto correct entries alone and
simply undo XL's handiwork, type i space ctrl-z. The space causes XL
to make the auto correction and the ctrl-z tells XL to undo the
correction.

--

Many thanks for the solution to the 'eye' problem.
Now how do you handle the auto entry problem?
If I type "washing" first and later want only "wash" I must be aware
that auto enter is lurking and I will not get the word I want.

Ralphael, the OLD one

--

Dave Peterson
Tushar Mehta

Autocomplete and auto correct are two different features. I leave both
on all the time and for the occassional instance where I want to undo
XL's helpfulness I use a workaround.

For autocorrect I have already shared the easiest way to defeat it.
For autocomplete, I use the same method Debra suggests.

Tushar Mehta wrote:
If, like me, you prefer to leave the auto correct entries alone and
simply undo XL's handiwork, type i space ctrl-z. The space causes XL
to make the auto correction and the ctrl-z tells XL to undo the
correction.

--

Many thanks for the solution to the 'eye' problem.
Now how do you handle the auto entry problem?
If I type "washing" first and later want only "wash" I must be aware
that auto enter is lurking and I will not get the word I want.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Anne Troy

Google is just another method of reading the Microsoft Newsgroups. I do not
use that method. I use Outlook Express. :)

~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

ups.com...