mrdelia

Default Auto Update after certain time period (60 sec)

How can I set up a workbook to automatically update the data it retrieves
from other sources every 60 seconds. I can update manually by pressing F9 but
I would like it to be automatic.
mrdelia

Thank you,

I have tried OnTime with no success. It seems to update once and then stop.
How can I get it to return to the OnTime statement. I tried GoTo but locked
the spreadsheet up.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Have a look in vba help index for
ontime

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"mrdelia" wrote in message
How can I set up a workbook to automatically update the data it retrieves
from other sources every 60 seconds. I can update manually by pressing F9

but
I would like it to be automatic.

Don Guillett

Here is one I wrote for a client that may be of use

Option Private Module
Public RunWhen As Double
Public Const cRunIntervalSeconds = 600 '600 seconds=10 minutes
Public Const cRunWhat = "updateTA" '"The_Sub"
Sub StartTimer()
RunWhen = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, procedu=cRunWhat, _
schedule:=True
End Sub
Sub StopTimer()
On Error Resume Next
Application.OnTime earliesttime:=RunWhen, _
procedu=cRunWhat, schedule:=False

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"mrdelia" wrote in message
How can I set up a workbook to automatically update the data it

retrieves
from other sources every 60 seconds. I can update manually by pressing

F9
but
I would like it to be automatic.

mrdelia

Thanks to all the info helped solve my problem.
Darin