Mahprr

Default Auto Calculation

We use Excel 2003 a lot on our server. Recently we have started to find
speadsheets with auto calcualtion switched to manual. My questions are
how can this option be switched on i.e. does it come from a template.
Is there an easy way to find all occurrances of spreadsheets with this
indicator swtched to manual. Finally, anyway of overriding the manual
indicator so that automatic calculation so it is always switched on...

many thanks for your assistance with this...

Peter

--
Mahprr
Mahprr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24915

RagDyeR

Does this help?

http://tinyurl.com/anahg
--

HTH,

RD

"Mahprr" wrote in
message ...

We use Excel 2003 a lot on our server. Recently we have started to find
speadsheets with auto calcualtion switched to manual. My questions are
how can this option be switched on i.e. does it come from a template.
Is there an easy way to find all occurrances of spreadsheets with this
indicator swtched to manual. Finally, anyway of overriding the manual
indicator so that automatic calculation so it is always switched on...

many thanks for your assistance with this...

Peter

--
Mahprr
Mahprr's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384540

Mahprr

Thanks that was useful, but still does not address my question of a
easy way of tracking down spread sheets with the calculation set to
manual. Because I know this issue will keep coming back to haunt me.

regards
Peter

--
Mahprr
Mahprr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24915
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384540

RagDyeR

Perhaps you didn't fully grasp the idea behind the final sentence.

Simply open a *known* auto calc sheet *first*, at the beginning of each
session.
Eventually, all your current WBs should become "auto".

RD

"Mahprr" wrote in
message ...

Thanks that was useful, but still does not address my question of a
easy way of tracking down spread sheets with the calculation set to
manual. Because I know this issue will keep coming back to haunt me.

regards
Peter

--
Mahprr
Mahprr's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384540

Mahprr

I hear what you say but I have 50+ users to control they can get the
spreadsheets from server, email, harddrive basically anywhere. nsuring
they startup with a autocalc set to yes on each session is pretty hard.
Any ideas on how to control initial opening of excel would certainly
help...

regards
Peter