jody mullis via OfficeKB.com

Default Need help with printing Excel document

I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the cells
and rows visable.
CLR

Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File
PrintArea SetPrintArea...........then do File PrintPreview.......what
you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print drivers
and margins set etc.........

If it still don't work, post back with more details.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jody mullis via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the

cells
and rows visable.

Bill Ridgeway

What CLR wrote is true BUT only if you don't have too much information to
fit onto a page. If you have more than will 'naturally' fit into a page
you'll have to get up to a few neat tricks. It is possible to put in page
breaks to ensure breaks at 'convenient points. But let's assume, for the
moment that you want everything to go onto a single page.

Trick one (and a good habit to get into anyway): Make sure that column
widths are the minimum possible. This is a god thing to do anyway as it
reduces white space and makes information easier to read. Wrapping some
columns so that a line is extended into two or so increases the space
required vertically and reduces the space required horizontally.

Trick two: Reduce the font size. Reducing the font size by just 0.5 is,
more-or-less, imperceptible to the naked eye but may be just enough to
squeeze information into a page.

Trick three: Reduce the margins. Again, depending on the amount of space
required a slight change may be just enough.

Trick four: Print in landscape instead of portrait.

You may have to use some or all of these tricks.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"CLR" wrote in message
Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File
PrintArea SetPrintArea...........then do File PrintPreview.......what
you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print
drivers
and margins set etc.........

If it still don't work, post back with more details.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jody mullis via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the

cells
and rows visable.

jody mullis via OfficeKB.com

I tried what you suggested, but the cells and lines dont show up. Just the
text in rows minus boxes and lines. I am trying to write up a inventory sheet
for powder coating supplies at work and need the lines and boxes visable. You
say I might not have the right drivers? Which ones would I need? I have a HP
psc 1110 all in one printer. Should I look for specific drivers for this?

PaulStroik

You may have the right driver. However, you may need to select 'Print
Graphics' in the print preferences.

--
PaulStroik
PaulStroik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24640

jody mullis via OfficeKB.com

Thanks a lot guys, I got it to work. You guys are the best!