peter via OfficeKB.com

Default search form in sheet

I have long column with names and it very difficult to find them.
I lose a lot of time to use the form from “menu / edit “.
I want to create search form or something ells in order to find text quickly
in column, but I don’t now.
Anne Troy

Hi, Peter. First make yourself a "form", and then use Data Validation and
Vlookup to accomplish your task. Here is a sample (but ugly) form, which
uses both, to demonstrate:
http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/pricelist.com
Here is Data Validation details:
And here is Vlookup details:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"peter via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I have long column with names and it very difficult to find them.
I lose a lot of time to use the form from “menu / edit “.
I want to create search form or something ells in order to find text

quickly
in column, but I don’t now.

Debra Dalgleish

You can use an AutoFilter on your list to find text. There are
instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

peter via OfficeKB.com

TENKS EVRYBODY, I CREATED SEARCH FINELLY !