mully

Default Stopping A Sheet From Scrolling

Hi

I have a worksheet and all the information needed for the user is available
on the sheet being opened - is there any way to stop this one sheet in the
workbook from scrolling vertically and horizontally

Any help much aprreciated

Cheers ----- Mully
Max

One way to consider ..

Supposing the info is all within say, A1:H20

Select I21, click Window Freeze Pane

--
Rgds
Max
"mully" wrote in message
Hi

I have a worksheet and all the information needed for the user is

available
on the sheet being opened - is there any way to stop this one sheet in the
workbook from scrolling vertically and horizontally

Any help much aprreciated

Cheers ----- Mully

mully

Hi Max

Sorry about this missed it off earlier question - we had already done what
you suggested and some smart ass worked that out pretty fast and info we
didn't want them to have access to - including unhiding columns and rows -
and as we have to use an easy remember password on protect sheet it was a
doodle for them. Is it possible to use a macro in VBA that locks the sheet on
opening it within the workbook and at the same time stops them scrolling

Cheers ---- Mully

"mully" wrote in message
Hi

I have a worksheet and all the information needed for the user is

available
on the sheet being opened - is there any way to stop this one sheet in the
workbook from scrolling vertically and horizontally

Any help much aprreciated

Cheers ----- Mully

Max

Perhaps you could try this sub
(placed in the "ThisWorkbook" module):

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:H20"
End Sub

One way to go to the "ThisWorkbook" module:

Right-click on the Excel icon just to the left
of "File" on the menu Choose "View Code"

This will bring you direct into the "ThisWorkbook" module
Delete the defaults and paste the code there

--
Rgds
Max
"mully" wrote in message
Hi Max

Sorry about this missed it off earlier question - we had already done

what
you suggested and some smart ass worked that out pretty fast and info we
didn't want them to have access to - including unhiding columns and rows -
and as we have to use an easy remember password on protect sheet it was a
doodle for them. Is it possible to use a macro in VBA that locks the sheet

on
opening it within the workbook and at the same time stops them scrolling

Cheers ---- Mully

mully

Hi Max

Worked first time - Spot on - that will stop the smart ass finding our
daily turnover and customer details - Going to change the password on a daily
basis so they will have to ask to unprotect the sheet - its a pity we can't
put about 10 passwords on the sheet and let it change on a daily random basis.

Anyway thanks again your help is much appreciated

Mully

"mully" wrote in message
Hi Max

Sorry about this missed it off earlier question - we had already done

what
you suggested and some smart ass worked that out pretty fast and info we
didn't want them to have access to - including unhiding columns and rows -
and as we have to use an easy remember password on protect sheet it was a
doodle for them. Is it possible to use a macro in VBA that locks the sheet

on
opening it within the workbook and at the same time stops them scrolling

Cheers ---- Mully

Max

You're welcome !
Thanks for the feedback