JudithJubilee

Default XP Sheet tabs

Hello there,

I have upgraded to Excel XP and all my sheet tabs appear white at the bottom
whether they are linked or not. Could someone help me please??

Julie
Sheila D

In XP you can change the sheet tab colour so I guess someone has changed them
all to White! Right click on the sheet tab and choose tab colour to change to
a colour of your choice. HTH

Sheila

"JudithJubilee" wrote:

Hello there,

I have upgraded to Excel XP and all my sheet tabs appear white at the bottom
whether they are linked or not. Could someone help me please??

Julie

David McRitchie

Okay took awhile to sink in. You have all the sheet tabs selected.
Danger severe tire damage warning.

With all of the sheet tabs selected any change made to one sheet
will be made to all selected sheets.

To ungroup sheets right click on any worksheet tab and then
choose "Ungroup Sheets".

You may have already damaged your file, exit out of Excel without saving
or Save As a different name. You may have to restore your file from
a backup so check things carefully to assess the damage.

I knew it couldn't be colored tabs because they did not exist before Excel 2002.

Used with care, grouping sheet tabs is a very powerful tool,
to group some sheets, select using the mouse and Ctrl key,
or right click on sheet tab to select all sheet tabs. This power
can also rapidly destroy your workbook.
---
HTH,

"JudithJubilee" wrote:

Hello there,

I have upgraded to Excel XP and all my sheet tabs appear white at the bottom
whether they are linked or not. Could someone help me please??

Julie

David McRitchie

Hi Sheila,
It's times like this that you might have wished you'd used first and
lastname and real email addresses for both newsgroup and
email response, but the current widespread lack of such
means no one even bothers looking anymore because of
so many anonymous and bogus email addresses.

Though usually by the time you see such a problem it is too late.

Anyway having backups of your data is very important.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm
which provides some suggestions on what you should be
backing up --- user data, bookmarks, profiles, toolbars,
lists of what you have installed, etc.

If you just upgraded your system, there is a better chance
that you took backups first. Hope so.
---
HTH,

Lady Layla

Am wondering why you are placing such an emphasis on real names and real
addresses? It does not reduce the problems or change the questions posted
here.

:
: Though usually by the time you see such a problem it is too late.
:
: Anyway having backups of your data is very important.
: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm
: which provides some suggestions on what you should be
: backing up --- user data, bookmarks, profiles, toolbars,
: lists of what you have installed, etc.
:
: If you just upgraded your system, there is a better chance
: that you took backups first. Hope so.
: ---
: HTH,
: David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]
: My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
: Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
:
:

David McRitchie

Okay there are a few exceptions, and you are one of them.

There are some technical listserver groups (subscribed)
where a few people had handles but most people really knew
who those people were because of their standing in their field.

The use of a persons real name is a lot more friendly and carries
on the tradition of peer to peer help in these newsgroups.

I'd say people who use their real name and email address are
more likely to have all of the following traits which is appreciated:
-- act in a professional manner
-- respect the time that others spend answering their question
-- try to reciprocate by answering questions that they can answer
in the same newsgroup or another unrelated newsgroup, in fact
you might even recognize them from another group.
-- take the time to research their problem first in HELP, in
Google Groups, and in Google.
-- ask a question that reflects what they already know and
what they need to know toward a defined goal. So people
have a lot better idea on how to respond.
-- ask in only one newsgroup because they do respect other
people's time.

Getting an alternate email address is not a problem, and it
provides protection of your business email and personal
email, while providing an actual contact point.
---
HTH,