carlos martinez

Default Clear cell when value is 0

Dear All,

I saw an excel spreadsheet whereby
when a user enters any number in any cell
the numbers remain with no change.

But when a user enters 0 (number zero)
in any cell, that specific cell becomes empty (clear of all contents)

Please advice how can i do the same in my own spreadsheets!

Thanking you in advance,
Carlos.

Max

Think zeros have been suppressed in the sheet ..
This is done via:
Click Tools Options View tab Uncheck "Zero values" OK

--
Rgds
Max
"carlos martinez" wrote in message
Dear All,

I saw an excel spreadsheet whereby
when a user enters any number in any cell
the numbers remain with no change.

But when a user enters 0 (number zero)
in any cell, that specific cell becomes empty (clear of all contents)

Please advice how can i do the same in my own spreadsheets!

Thanking you in advance,
Carlos.

Max

"KL" wrote:
...just a comment: the zero does not dissappear from the cell and the cell
does NOT become "empty (clear of all contents)". They just become

invisible.

Correct, perhaps the line
Think zeros have been suppressed in the sheet ..

should have read as:
Think zeros display have been suppressed in the sheet

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Peo Sjoblom

Although the OP probably meant the whole sheet another options would be to
use custom format like 0.00;-0.00; that way one can control where one wants
this done

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)