Scudo

Default column totals

I have 2 columns with information, how do I total each column for...

column 1 to add the amount of cells with info in them, regardless of what
the info is.(so say 15 cells 10 have info so answer should be 10)

column 2 To add the amount of cells with duplicate info in them. (these are
place names)

thanks

mangesh_yadav

For your first query, you can use the COUNTA function
e.g. =COUNTA(A1:A10)

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

Jonas G

Hi
For column 1 use =COUNTA(from:to) this will count how many cells have a value.

column 2 - sorry it's not clear to me what you want to do.

/Jonas